Bangkapi 4ever!! (Ch 21)
สวัสดีค่ะทุกคน!
Hello my people! We've reached another Transfer Week. Here's the big news: I am STAYING in BANGKAPI. Yay!
This transfer was really predictable for our district since two out of four missionaries are going home. We guessed what was going to happen here during our District Meeting and we were completely spot on. The members knew already, too. I've had people come up to me throughout the week and say stuff like, "You're going to be here FOREVER" or "Why are you staying here so long?" It's great. I feel the love. But, seriously, I AM very excited to have another transfer in an area I know and with members I love with my whole heart.
Okay, here's the slightly more interesting part: I'll be getting a new companion this week! Her name is Sister Rogers and she's from New Zealand. I can't wait to meet her!
![]() |
| Sister Chappell, finishing her mission this week! |
But that also means that my beloved companion, Sister Chappell, is ending her time here in Thailand. She's going home this week! Crazy. I've learned so much from Sister Chappell. She makes me laugh every day and she's amazing at connecting with people. Our members and investigators all loved her from the moment they met her. I'll miss her, but I'm proud of her and I know she's going to have some great adventures at home now!
Sister Chappell and I have been hanging out a lot recently with Adam, an eleven-year-old Recent Convert from our ward. He's half Thai, half Nigerian and probably one of the funniest people I've ever met. I think I've mentioned him in an earlier email and talked about how much he loves to eat. Well, that definitely hasn't changed. He still LOVES eating. It's actually pretty helpful 'cause we've been using that to get him to read his scriptures. Anyway, the other day, we took him to the market for dinner and he ordered fried chicken and brownies and sweet sticky rice and it made Sister Chappell and I feel like bad parents because that's total junk. His fried chicken did come with these little sliced up pieces of cucumber, though, so we told him he couldn't eat any more until he'd had at least one of the cucumbers. Next thing we know, he's brought over this huge glass of water. He plugged his nose and held up one sad, tiny piece of cucumber. Before he threw it down, he made the Catholic cross sign and let out a dying howl, then chugged the entire glass of water. It was so dramatic. You could say we've got our work cut out for us (teach this boy to eat a vegetable at least once a year) (also teach him to stop making the sign of the cross... Which will be hard. I gave him a huge reaction when he did it. It was hilarious. Shoot.)
So, in other news, we have some great investigators right now. We're working with this girl named Bow who I just love. The other day, we taught her the Word of Wisdom and found out she had problems with drinking, smoking, tea, and coffee. She's got a lot of faith, so we knew she'd be able to overcome these challenges--but, man, that's a lot to overcome! Guess what Bow did, though? As soon as we finished our lesson, she quit ALL of those things and never looked back. She's amazing. She's going to be baptized in the next couple of weeks. Sadly (for me), that will probably be in Chiang Rai because that's where she's going to school right now. But I feel so lucky to have gotten to be a part of her journey! I'm so happy for her!
Well, that's about all I have for today! Sorry, it's been a busy day with transfers and Sister Chappell's birthday. Okay, I love you all! I love being a missionary. I love the gospel!
Have the greatest week!
Love you,
Sister Harris



Comments
Post a Comment