ลูก Incoming (Ch 35)
สัวสดีค่ะทุกคน
TRANSFER WEEK is upon us again! I am delighted to report that I will be staying in เชียงใหม่ (Chiang Mai) for another one. I love love love this area and I feel so excited that I'll get to be here for Christmas!
Here's the big news: I am training a new missionary this transfer! Ahhh! I am so excited, but also feel a little socks-knocked-off-y. I am planning on giving it my all, though, and I know that whom the Lord calls, He qualifies. Bring it on! I'm so excited to meet my freshly imported junior companion tomorrow. She's going to be a greenie in the best area ever, lucky girl. It's going to be wonderful.
This week, one of our members invited us to a performance of Handel's Messiah at a local college. Our investigators, Brother Boy and Sister Mam, came with us. Brother Boy's tastes in music are maybe not refined to the point of appreciating Handel (which is my delicate way of saying that he full-on guffawed and barely held back laughter as various high-pitched males took on the difficult climbs and drops of "The Messiah." It was a classy (and hilarious) thing to watch.) Anyway, the concert was really good but what was even better was that I got to talk to a Baptist man who was sitting next to me and hand out a Book of Mormon WHICH he read during the concert and then asked to meet again so we could explain it more. YES! We aren't actually supposed to invite in churches, which I remembered with great shock as Sister Pluem slapped away my Book-of-Mormon-bearing hands as I tried to hand our new friend a copy. Oops! At that point, though, the ship had sailed, so we just gave him the book. But our little scuffle with the law turned out okay! The Elders are going to be teaching him on Sunday. Yay!! People are being prepared for the message of the gospel and we WILL find them all!!
Other exciting news! We saw the Elders from Lampang yesterday and they said that Sister Ploy (cute recent convert) is doing great and that her mom (who was the first one I talked to!) was learning slowly at first but then called yesterday and asked for a baptismal date on the 29th of this month. I AM SO HAPPY! My joy is full to bursting.
Stuff from the week: I used to be confused about what exactly missionaries did all day. No one could give me a straight answer and it would frustrate me. Well, this week as I spent a morning de-kerneling (?) corn for a member's little roadside stand, I understood. What we do is we love people. Love just takes a lot of different forms! This week, we also went to a huge service project where we harvested rice using scythes. It was so fun. Sister Mam taught us a traditional rice harvesting song, and you could hear all the missionaries yodeling it out in the fields as they macheted their way through the rice. No two days in the life of a missionary are the same but they're all pretty great!
I know this gospel is true. I just feel an ever-present glow in my heart these days, especially when we talk about the Savior and His birth. This gospel and the blessings it brings are beyond compare. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and wonder every time I sit and truly think about what we have. I know there are people waiting for us and waiting for these gospel truths. And we are ready to find them. I am so excited for next transfer, because it is going to be a transfer of miracles. I know it is!!
So with that, I've decided on a motto for my next six weeks. I am going to be a FOLLOWER of Christ by
FOLLOWING the rules,
FOLLOWING up, and
FOLLOWING the Spirit.
And I hope there will be miracles to follow! I am ready to take a leap of faith into training, trusting that I'll be guided by Him whose work this is. I can't wait!
I love you all so much! I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thanks for all you do for me.
With great love,
Sister Harris







Comments
Post a Comment