Blessings on blessings (Ch 18)
สวัสดีค่ะ, friends and fam!
I can't believe it's already P-Day again! I loved this week. It was just good all around. The Lord blessed us so many times in so many ways.
We kicked off the week with English class on Tuesday night. The theme for our class was Fourth of July, obviouslyyy. At the end of the class, we lit a fire in an old cookie tin and had everyone roast hot dogs and marshmallows over it. It was hilarious. Oh and cool story about English class this week, too! So there's this super sweet lady named Kwan who comes every week and takes all these detailed notes. She's awesome. Well, we were finally able to set up an appointment to teach her after class this week. When we met with her, she said she had been praying every day like we do in English class (we start and end every class with a prayer.) She was so humble and eager to learn and I can't believe it took us this long to get to her! We're teaching her this next Tuesday, so I'm super excited about that!
![]() |
| 4th of July, Thai style |
On Wednesday, we met with another amazing investigator named แก้ว. We found her at the park during my first week in Thailand, but we only just barely started meeting with her. Like Kwan, she's humble, interested, and we feel the Spirit so strongly when we teach her! I can't wait to see how the gospel changes her life. We've got some great new investigators!
After we taught แก้ว, we had a birthday party for a (now) eleven-year-old Recent Convert named Adam. Adam is the only member in his family. He comes to everything, and he's basically the beloved ward pet. Everyone feeds him, takes care of him, and loves him like a son. So on Wednesday, there was a big party for him, full of snacks, presents, snacks, and more snacks. Which is basically Adam's dream--he loves to eat. We're getting him to read the scriptures right now on the promise of a trip to Swensen's (ice-cream franchise here) when he finishes. It was a great night. Adam chowed down. All was well.
Okay, and this week ended on a miraculous note! We were able to visit one of our investigators, Sister พรทิพย์, and she agreed to a baptismal date. I was seriously over the moon. My day couldn't have gotten any better after that--but then it did. We went straight to an appointment with a former investigator who we had randomly called from the old area book. We weren't sure what to expect from the meeting, but I definitely didn't think we'd be visiting a guy who still had a strong testimony and a referral on hand. And that's exactly what happened! This man brought one of his friends to the lesson and invited her to learn with us, bearing testimony the whole time of the truthfulness of our message. It was incredible. And that's how we met our new investigator, Sister May. Guess what else? We met with Sister May again yesterday and she wants to be baptized. I still can't believe this is all real life. The Lord blessed us with one miracle after another this week. I'm so grateful.
The final miracle is this: one day at the market last transfer, Sister Chappell and I were walking past the stands and we saw a pumpkin. Inside of this piece of pumpkin there was this custard filling. Sister Chappell said she had seen missionaries eating it before, so we decided to try it. It was super good. We got hooked pretty quickly. After that day, we checked for the pumpkin lady every time we went to the market for the rest of the transfer. She was never to be seen again. We were forced to give up hope. Then, the Day of Miracles arrived! After we met with our LA and his friend, we walked down to the market for dinner. It was raining, so there were only a few stands out. And guess what? One of them was the pumpkin lady! Seriously, so many miracles. I am so grateful for this week and the many, many wonderful things that it contained.
To close, I just want to say that I know this Church is true. Every time we teach a lesson and testify of restored truth, I feel the Spirit enter. It's amazing. The doctrines we've been charged with teaching are pure and true and necessary. We've met with a couple investigators who have gotten bogged down with questions about more peripheral aspects of the gospel. All I can say to them is that I don't know everything. I can't lay out a perfect, logical argument in defense of every single commandment we've been given or every single event in our history. And you know what? I don't need to. I trust God. I know His knowledge infinitely surpasses ours. And I know, like Nephi did, that He loves His children. He has given us the restored gospel, which is the recipe for happiness. With a testimony of this gospel, we can weather anything. No doubts about things that are less important can shake us! I love the Lord and I love His Church. I hope everyone on this earth is able to gain their own faith and testimony of the Savior someday. Right now, we'll start with Thailand!
Okay, I love you all! Thanks for all you do. Have an amazing week, and know that you're in my prayers!
All my love,
Sister Harris





Comments
Post a Comment