Rah Rah Rambutan (Ch 14)

สวัสดี​ค่ะ, everyone!

It's been another good week in Bangkapi! First things first: Our investigator ทอม, who we taught for the first time last week, accepted a baptismal date for the 16th of June. YAY! He's going to be an amazing addition to the Church (if everything goes through as planned--our one problem is with church attendance. We haven't taught him the commandments yet and he works on Sunday. We're praying that things work out! Gotta have faith!) But he's so sharp. He understands everything that we're teaching--no problem--and asks the most amazing clarifying questions. He's already read through Jacob in the Book of Mormon. ทอม​ is a miracle, honestly!
We're having great experiences with our other investigators, too. We're finding new people every week and seeing progress with the ones that we're already working with. Things are really good here. I think we owe it all to--well, the Lord, firstly--but then Sister Chappell. She's hardworking, talented, and not afraid to be bold. Bangkapi wasn't ready for her! I'm lucky to be her ลูก​ (means child cuz she's my mission mom. My second one, actually!)
Okay, moving on to adventures from the week... I discovered a new fruit that has changed the game. Yeah, and before I go on, I just want to apologize. All my stories are about food. I can't help it, okay? I live in a tropical paradise where there are street food stands every five feet. I'm going to be at least 300 pounds when you see me next. Buuut back to what I was saying... This fruit is called เงาะ​ (I think it's rambutan in English) and it's crazy. It's all spiky on the outside and it's white on the inside. I've started buying it by the kilo and keeping it in our fridge and we eat it for breakfast. Sometimes I feel like I'm on another planet here. It's awesome.
Sorry, that's a super lame story but we got back kind of late and I'm all out of time! I want to close real quick with something I came across during my studies this week. It's a quote from Elder Rasband, on how to know whether we have received a prompting or if it's just our own thoughts:
“We must be confident in our first promptings. Sometimes we rationalize; we wonder if we are feeling a spiritual impression or if it is just our own thoughts. When we begin to second-guess, even third-guess, our feelings—and we all have—we are dismissing the Spirit; we are questioning divine counsel. The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that if you will listen to the first promptings, you will get it right nine times out of ten."
This quote has definitely helped me over the past week. One day, we were leaving the park after inviting and I saw this guy kind of looking at us. I felt like I should talk to him. It had been a long day, though, and I was kind of tired so I decided to keep walking. Besides, I figured it probably wasn't a real prompting or anything. We reached the street corner and I knew I had to turn back. I had to make sure. So, we turned around and went back to talk to him. Guess what? He was interested in our message! He wants to meet next week. He's seen missionaries around before and wants to know more. I'm really glad I didn't brush that prompting off! Heaven knows I've done that so many times before. I'm coming to learn that if you think it's a prompting, it usually is. 

Okay, okay, that's all. Thanks for bearing with me! I love you all so much. You are such great blessings to me. I hope you each have an amazing week!  

All my love, 

Sister Harris

Comments

Popular Posts